For this edition of Student of the Week, I interviewed my cousin Jayana George, a first year high school freshman. Not to get off topic but I felt typing “Student of the Week” every week was doing too much unnecessary typing so I chose to refer to it as “SOTW” for the new tittle. This will be the name for next week’s article and then on. Now to get back on topic! I have known my cousin Jayana I my whole life, even though she is not my actual blood cousin but more of a family friend. She is family to me as she has been around and showed more love then my own blood family. I loved growing up with her even though we may have gotten into arguments here and there. We will always still have love for each other, so this was fun doing this interview with her and getting to know her better then I already do. I hope you enjoy it!
- Describe your transition from being at the top of the middle school food chain to just a few months later being a freshman that is at the bottom of the pecking order?
It hasn’t really been that big of a difference. I just be chillin’.
- Who is your favorite teacher during the short time span you have been attending DHS?
It would most definitely be Mr. Shramka or Ms. Rio; they’re the best.
- Favorite movie of all-time and why is it your favorite movie?
I have no clue but it’s a horror movie because I love all scary movies.
- In a relationship do you look for physical attractiveness first or a good personality?
Physical attractiveness first because if I don’t think they are attractive then I probably won’t even try to get to know them to actually find out if they have a good personality or not.
- What are you most thankful for in life?
I am most thankful for my family and the fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross for me.
- If your club was given an unlimited budget to throw an event for the school, what would you plan?
I’m in Black Heritage club, so, yes, our dance is this weekend. COME! But I would throw just a bigger dance and add a contest for people to participate in to win a prize.