This is a first time I have chosen a teacher for “student” of the week. The teacher that is breaking ground with our articles is the lovely four-year teacher Miss O’Keeffe. She has always been a favorite among the student body with her out-going and funny personality. I hope you enjoy this special edition of the student of the week
- Describe your college experiences in one word.
When I asked this question, Miss O’Keefe looked up a synonym for the word, and she came up with the scholarly word phantasmagorical (memorable).
- What is your favorite grade in the school?
I do not have any favorite grades they are all in my eyes on the same level of love.
- Tell us about your discipline philosophy.
“Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.”
- As this being your fourth year of teaching in general, what is the craziest thing you have seen a student do?
One of the funniest things I have seen is when Kostas before the basketball game grabbed the mic and started doing standup comedy roasting everyone and making jokes.
- How long do you see yourself working at Dominican?
Until my name is on the gym floor.
- What is something that you can cook really well?
I make really good overnight apple oatmeal and I make fantastic high protein whole wheat high fiber waffles from scratch.
- What is easiest thing that you most often screw up?
For as long as I have had car I can still never fill up my tires with air; I always deflate them.
- What is the most exciting thing you have planned for the summer?
I am running the Brewers’ half marathon.
- Any parting words?
No drugs, no alcohol, no sugar.