Authors: Jaselena Haliburton, and Elizabeth Ortiz
This week Bryan Aldape was nominated for Student of the week, the former junior was selected by his teachers at Dominican. He will be interviewed to talk about how he is keeping up with his grades as well as how he is managing his time. Since freshmen year he has been done many extracurricular activities and has found a way to balance it all. He has been known to play soccer since before he came to high school, but now in high school there is more to just playing the sport. There are practices most days of the week along with homework, so we want to know how he does it and this is how he responded.
- What has been your favorite part of your Junior year so far?
I still don’t have one because it just started but I think maybe in a few months when things continue to come up I will.
- Which class has been the most challenging for you?
The most challenging class has been D.S.I., because you have to really understand what we are talking about and you have to do a lot of work.
- What is your favorite sport?
My favorite sport is soccer. I grew up watching and playing the sport so I learned to enjoy it.
- Do you have a favorite teacher?
No I do not have a favorite teacher. I don’t really talk to my teachers I just go to class.
- How have you been able to keep up with all your homework and games?
Yes, I have been able to. I just make sure I use my time to do all of my homework so that I can have the afternoon free basically.
- What differentiates the Dominican community from all others?
That we are a big family and have love for each other.
- If you could change one thing about Dominican what would it be?
Our A/C problems, we need A/C.
- How many sports do you play?
I play two sports.
- What college do you want to attend?
I would want to attend MSOE.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would travel to Dubai.