This week, a sophomore by the name of Elizabeth Otriz has been interviewed, because she was selected as the “student of the week” by Mr. Shramka. Since the beginning of freshman year, she has been known for her outgoing personality, and kindness she presents to her fellow classmates. She is also defined as a caring person to everyone in the Dominican community, and she is academically dedicated. Elizabeth’s teachers think of her as an outstanding and outgoing girl. The following interview was conducted by her best friend Jaselena Haliburton, and these were her responses.
- What has been your favorite part of your Sophomore year so far?
My favorite part of sophomore year has to be the new classes I take.
- Which class has been the most challenging for you?
Chemistry has been the hardest class.
- What is your favorite sport?
My favorite sport is basketball.
- Do you have a favorite teacher?
Yes, Mr. Shramka, and Ms. Wiensek.
- How have you been able to keep up with all your homework and games?
I don’t normally attend games, but when I do I just do my homework first and then go to the game.
- What differentiates the Dominican community from all others?
The people here are very different from any other school.
- If you could change one thing about Dominican what would it be?
I would change the dress code.
- How many sports do you play? Why?
I don’t play any sports. I feel like that just not what I’ best in.
- What college do you want to attend? Why?
I want to attend the University of Illinois preferably because all my family members have graduated from there so it is just tradition.
- What is your favorite color?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Pictures Taken By: Jaselena Haliburton